Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Bowker's Book Analysis System

I believe that I figured out how to perform the processes for Bowker's Book Analysis System for collection development. Not that they are overly hard, but some of the system and required formatting tricks were new to me.

Since getting MARC records from our system was a tricky affair, I decided to upload specific MARC fields in a CSV file. Whether or not it is formatted correctly is another matter. At any rate, two different files were uploaded and are now processing. We will know tomorrow whether or not the procedure was successful.

If the test is success, other collection areas will be uploaded. The Reference Collection was the test file, so other significant areas (AV and Circulation Collections) will follow. Then it is on to Relais ILL form customization.

One cool thing that I played with is using an FTP extension in my Firefox Web browser. FireFTP proved to be an easy and successful FTP client.

No comments: