Pages

Friday, August 3, 2007

Handouts & Self-Registration

This has been a relatively quiet week. My primary focus has been updating some of our handouts. Most are ready for press, but I will delay that until next week. An error of some fashion is always there to be found and nothing irritates me more than a little typo after printing 250 copies. When I return next Tuesday, I will review them again (hopefully with fresh eyes) and send them to the printers. The latest updates have been posted on the Web in the meantime at: http://www.mhc.ab.ca/library/howtoguides.html.

Jason and Valarie decided to run with the idea of creating a folded leaflet for issuing student identification cards in. The leaflet will deliver information on the functions of the ID card, but also promote library services. The idea was inspired by the type of leaflet you get with a pass card when you check into a hotel. They did a nifty job, and hopefully we will get fewer students saying, "I thought I got new card every semester." [Students tend not to like the $5 replacement fee.]

Finally, I continue to muck around with Relais's self-registration source code. I am 90% of the way there, but a few issues confound me on the actual registration page. A consultation with our Webmaster was informative, but he thinks that it would take him a couple of days to understand what all the Java scripts' functions are. In the meantime, I took a different approach and hopefully it will be successful.

No comments: