Pages

Monday, July 30, 2007

General Update - Relais & Website

I have uploaded the latest revisions to the Relais self-registration pages. The last version went horribly wrong somehow, and turned out looking worse and less functional than the first. I do not know when they will be uploaded to Relais's servers and ready for testing, so it is a matter of being patient. If this version fails, I will call Grant and hopefully we can sort out what is going wrong.

I finished a few minor tweaks on the Vera Bracken Library's homepage. Changes include:
  • Google site search has been removed and replaced by a widget that searches the OPAC. I developed several different versions, but went with the advanced drop box version for now.
  • The XML [] icon for our news feed has been replaced by the more common RSS icon developed by Microsoft - this icon [] has become the default icon for all manner of web news feeds (e.g., Atom, RSS, etc.).
  • A new link (Site Map/Search) has been posted as well. The site search feature that was previously on the homepage has been moved under this link's location. A site map was also added - I would call it less than pretty.
I am not sure on how keen I am about the Site Map/Search page or the OPAC search tool. I might scrap both by the end of the week. My major concern is that the homepage is getting a little cluttered; to this end, I will explore alternative layouts with Spry.

No comments: