Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Spell Check in OPACs is Active

I activated the Spell Check feature in our OPACs this morning. It has been on the staging/test server for the last 4-6 weeks. I did not find it aesthetically pleasing and could not make alterations without the UofL's consent. We experienced some delays in activation because many of my contacts at the UofL were on sabbatical or vacation in June. Fortunately they returned and agreed with my assessment, and I consequently made the alterations and activated it on the live/public servers.

Give the new feature a spin and let me know what you think - it is active on the Basic Keyword Search (@Vera Bracken Library/Brooks Catalogue; @Brooks Catalogue) and Advanced Keyword Search (@Vera Bracken/Brooks Catalogue; @Brooks Catalogue) pages. It is not quite Google, but it is a much improved first step. The activation of this feature should be last of the major OPAC upgrades for a while. It will mostly be a matter of house keeping and refinement of the CSS.

All that I have to do is hope that I will not have to revise the OPAC for a few more years.

No comments: